Possible Interview Questions
for requesting to join the International Youth Politics Forum
You will be asked three out of the following six questions during your interview. Be prepared to answer all of the questions and defend your viewpoints when asked. Additionally, treat this as you would a job interview: dress professionally, be prepared and make sure to ask any questions about aspects of the IYPF you are curious about.
- Suppose you have been accepted into the International Youth Politics Forum. Pitch an outreach project proposal that would both expand the Forum’s reach and also be interesting to the Forum’s target audience. Defend your ideas.
- Democracy, in western nations, is considered the ideal form of government. In contrast, some eastern nations support autocratic rule. Oligarchies were used in ancient Greece as a form of government. Pitch an ideal compromise government that would encompass all three ideas and use a modern day example to back your reasoning. Defend your ideas.
- The International Youth Politics Forum was founded on certain principles expressed in its mission statement as well as through its outreach initiatives. Identify what you believe the IYPF’s mission is, explain how it connects to you and use your own experiences to exemplify why you identify personally with the Forum’s key tenets.
- Discuss a contentious issue, whether it be domestic and specific to your country or part of a larger international issue. Additionally, defend the opposing point of view and discern why they think the way they do. Be prepared to discuss your ideas as well as the opposing point of view.
- Talk about your extracurricular activities and any awards you have received. Pick up to three that deal with the International Youth Politics Forum's mission. Which means the most to you? Why? Which do you think have impacted you the most? Discuss your activities’ relevance to the International Youth Politics Forum.
- Every country has a history, every person has ancestors and every object a past. Discuss a history or a story that is important to you, whether you heard it from someone else or experienced it yourself. Additionally, explain the story’s significance in your life and discuss its relevance to your current endeavors.